Wednesday, November 2, 2011

READ!

I have had SO much fun getting to know all of my reading kids these past few weeks!  They have already grown so much as readers in my classroom and I am looking forward to talking with parents about their success next week at conferences. 

I want to stress the importance of reading at home with your child.  Sitting down to read at least 10 minutes a day will help your child immensely.  Not only will this increase their vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension but will also prove to be valuable quality time for you and your child!  You will find many resources for parents and activities for your child on my blog that will hopefully answer questions and be a helpful resource for you! I will discuss additional strategies you can use at home when I meet with you at conferences.

Looking forward to meeting you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment